The Environment Protection Authority (EPA) Tasmania has opened nominations to the 2018 Community Achievement awards.
The EPA Sustainability Award acknowledges businesses from any industry sector who have developed and implemented initiative that minimise waste, maximise resource efficiency, reduce pollution and conserve water and energy.
- Tasmanian EPA consider new organics processing plant
- EPA Tasmania approves waste capture system
- Solution to Tasmania’s tyre problem nears
Submissions should be a for a project that provides measurable improvements in waste minimisation, resource efficiency, water conservation or energy efficiency and results in wider community or flow on benefits for the sector.
Nominations are now open for the following categories:
- EPA Sustainability Award
- University of Tasmania Teaching Excellence Award
- Ricoh Business Centre Hobart Community Group of the Year Award
- Prime Super Business Achievement Award
- Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
- MAIB Disability Achievement Award
- Get Moving Tasmania Physical Activity Award
- Fonterra Australia Agriculture Award
- Betta Milk ‘Make It Betta’ Health Achievement Award
- Rural Health Tasmania Innovation in Mental, Social and Emotional Wellbeing Award
Nominations can be submitted here, and close on Thursday 23 August.