Lithium battery processing company Envirostream Australia has won the Regional Exporter Award in the 2018 Governor of Victoria Export Awards (GOVEA).
The awards are open to a range of industry sectors, including the waste and recycling industry and showcase some of the state’s most successful and innovative exporters.
- ACOR call for $150M into regional recycling
- Australia’s first lithium battery recycling plant opens
- Victorian Government announces $16.5 million e-waste investment
The company recovers 95 per cent of the materials contained in energy storage battery and sells the steel, copper and aluminium into national markets to be manufactured into new projects.
It began operating recycling facility in the Melbourne suburb of Campbellfield which is able to recover 40 tonnes of batteries per month on each processing line.
Envirostream has partnered with Planet Ark and other stakeholders to develop a battery collection and recycling program that uses battery recycling and high material recovery.
“We believe this model will challenge the status quo in the recycling industry by adding value in Australia before exporting. This model creates jobs, decreases the cost to recycle and increases the recycling rate of batteries,” Envirostream Australia Director Andrew Mackenzie said.
The GOVEA are open to all Victorian exporters, regardless of size or total export sales.
Winners of the awards are automatically placed as finalists in the national Australian Export Awards.
- Exporter of the Year – Leica Biosystems
- Export Award for Innovation Excellence – Sealite
- Emerging Exporter Award – FitMyCar
- Victorian Women in International Business Award – Dr Ewa Douroux, Business Services Manager from Leica Biosystems
- Agribusiness Award – Hussey and Company
- Business Services Award – OMC International
- Creative Industries Award – FanHubMedia
- eCommerce Award – DPP Pharmaceuticals
- Education and Training Award – IDP Education
- Environmental Solutions Award – GeoFabrics Australasia
- Digital Technologies Award – Catapult
- Health and Biotechnology Award – Leica Biosystems
- Manufacturing Award – Bosch Australia
- Minerals, Energy, and Related Services Award – Business For Millennium Development
- Regional Exporter Award – Envirostream Australia
- Small Business Award – Cornerstone Solutions
Pictured Left to Right: Victorian Trade Minister Philip Dalidakis, Envirostream National Development Manager John Polhill, Governor of Victoria Linda Dessau.