Program diverts more than 5100 kilograms of e-waste from landfill in past year.
MobileMuster announced on 26 July the winners of its Workplace Recycling Awards.
The eight award winners from across Australia were dominated by government organisations. MobileMuster acquired Government accreditation in 2014, and is the only not-for-profit government accredited recycling program in Australia
In the year leading up to 30 June, workplaces increased their collections from the previous year and diverted over 5,122 kilograms of mobiles, batteries, chargers and accessories from landfill. Over the past 10 years MobileMuster has collected over 90 tonnes of mobiles and accessories for recycling.
The following workplaces took out top honours:
- Australian Capital Territory Top Collector – Department of Defence
- New South Wales Top Collector (kg) – Department of Family and Community Services
- Northern Territory Top Collector (kg) – Department of Lands, Planning and the Environment
- Queensland Top Collector (kg) – Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Western Australia Top Collector (kg) – Transperth
- South Australia Top Collector (kg) – South Australia Police
- Tasmania Top Collector (kg) – Department Primary Industries, Parks, Water & Environment
- Victoria Top Collector (kg) – Country Fire Authority
MobileMuster provides workplaces with annual reporting on the weight of mobile components recycled and the environmental benefits generated for inclusion in workplace sustainability reports. It also ensures that all data on used mobile phones is destroyed through the recycling process and on request can provide a certificate of destruction for workplaces.