Green Industries South Australia is now taking expressions of interest for 2021-22 waste grants.
The Green Industries grants aim to identify better ways for businesses to manage waste and transition to a circular economy for waste products.
Up to $15,000 is available per applicant, which includes both businesses and not-for-profit organisations operating in South Australia.
Eligible projects should include focus on identifying ways to recover materials for high value reuse. Projects should also aim to increase the amount of waste diverted from landfill during their production.
Eligible projects include:
- Waste and recycling assessments, and materials efficiency assessments.
- Waste and recycling contract reviews, considering the results of a waste assessment.
- Feasibility studies that analyse a specific solid waste reduction opportunity, and consider the associated investment costs, operational costs, estimated waste and financial savings, other benefits to the site or business, and availability of relevant technologies.
- Investigation and business case development relating to practical implementation of circular economy principles such as product redesign, service reconfiguration, product stewardship and remanufacture of used product.
- Strategic waste management planning and development.
Aspects that will not be funded by the grants include costs such as wages and salaries, as well as waste audits of pre-school, primary and secondary schools.
Interested organisations are encouraged to contact Program Manager, Aubrey Thomas.
- South Australia Heads Electric Truck Trial
- SA Recycling Industry To Receive $111 Million Boost
- In-Vessel Harmonisation