Nominations are now open for the Western Australia Waste Authority’s Infinity Awards 2018, which include nine new categories.
The awards recognise innovative solutions to reduce waste and increase reuse and recycling.
- AFIA waste winner announced
- Winners announced for 2018 APCO awards
- Victorian Premier’s Sustainability Awards 2018 finalists revealed
Individuals, business, local governments, schools, community organisations, state government agencies and media outlets are able to be nominated for the awards.
Winners will be announced at a gala dinner ceremony on 15 November during National Recycling Week.
The awards for 2018 are:
- Avoid Recover Protect – Community Waste Award
- Avoid Recover Protect – Commercial and Industrial Waste Award
- Avoid Recover Protect – Waste Management Award
- 2018 Waste Champion
- 2018 Young Waste Champion
- Waste Team of the Year
- Waste Innovation of the Year
- Waste Wise School of the Year
- Media Award
WA Environment Minister Stephen Dawson said the awards are an ideal opportunity to recognise and reward the work being done around the state to reduce waste.
“By launching new categories this year, we are hoping to offer more opportunities for deserving individuals and organisations to enter their projects and initiatives into the awards and be recognised for the good work that they do,” Mr Dawson said.
“I strongly encourage everyone to put your projects forward and enter this year’s awards.”
Nominations can be entered until 5 October. For more details, click here.